Carry On Essentials
I hate packing for vacation. If I would wriggle my nose and have it all done for me, I would be a very happy girl. But alas, I'm not a witch (sorry if the Bewitched reference went over your head) and I have to pack for myself like a mere mortal. My carry on bag is very important to me and includes all the necessities for a comfortable flight, plus a few essentials in the unfortunate instance that my luggage travels to a different destination. Here's what's in my carry on:
- Empty water bottle - I fill it up before getting on the plane after I pass through security.
- Cosmetics bag - I take all my make up in my carry one. I can't stand the thought of it going missing. Not to mention not having mascara!
- Pashmina or light shawl - This is perfect if the plane is chilly or for cool beach nights.
- Flip Flops - I want my toes exposed as soon as I can feel the heat.
- Bathing Suit - In case your room isn't ready, at least you can go for a dip!
- Eye Mask - Do not bother me after take off!
- Ear buds - Some people like noise cancelling head phones, I can make do with a smaller set of ear buds.
- Passport - And all essential documents.
- Protein bar - or other snack that does not contain nuts.
- Facial Mist - I drink tons of water on flights, but I also like to mist my face with a little rosewater facial mist.
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste - Because oral hygiene is important - especially when you're wearing Invisalign.
- Spare Undies - Because your Mom always said 'travel with spare undies' - didn't she?