You need to add to your Fall wardrobe...
1. Embellished Sleeves - I love the way embellished sleeves can zush-up a otherwise simple shirt. The only downside is they are difficult to wear with a jacket overtop. The sleeves get all pushed up around your elbows and you can’t pull them down. Totally aggravating, right? It’s an easy enough issue to remedy though. Make sure you have a nice wrap or poncho on hand. Or, were them while the weather is still nice enough that you can get away without anything on top.
2. Oval Sunnies – Oval sunglasses take me back to the 90’s, but they didn’t suit me then, and they still don’t. So this is one Fall trend I think I’ll be passing on. If you happen to be looking for a fab pair, you can’t go wrong with a classic like Ray Ban.
3. Embroidery – Embroidery on jeans and tops was very hot last year, but this year we’re seeing it on boots and booties. I love the look of a sleek pair of black booties with floral embroidery. I’m guessing that this trend might come and go quickly, so best not to invest your entire Fall wardrobe budget on these. Also, remember to let t the be the star of your outfit and pair them with something simple on top. And please, don’t ever wear double embroidery!
4. Backpack and Red - (so technically six things) As I sit and write this in Rachel's Coffee House a woman with the coolest camo backpack is looking for a seat, likely to set up her laptop. Backpacks are not just for students anymore. They're practical and better for your posture then a giant hobo slung over your shoulder. If you find one in red, you can tick off two of the trends boxes at once. I'm not one for wearing red, so a bag or backpack would be my choice of how to infuse this Fall's hottest colour into your wardrobe.
5. Black ribbons or ties - For your shirt or your hair, black ribbons (or ties) are back. Not sure how I feel about a grown woman wearing a ribbon in her hair, but I love the idea of a black tie on a white blouse. If you try one in your hair...send me a pic. :)