Do you leave the house without checking yourself in the mirror? Are you one of those people who doesn't do a quick 'once over' before an important meeting or event? While it might seem like taking two extra minutes to check out your physical appearance is a waste of time (although I highly doubt if you're reading this blog you're one of those people) I'm here to remind you of twelve important things that make you appear messy. You don't want to appear messy...trust me. Take that extra minute in the morning to look presentable and put together.
Never leave the house if:
- You have lint or animal fur on your clothes. This is such an easy fix. Keep a lint roller at the front door and do a quick roll over before you walk out the door.
- Your shirt is wrinkly BEFORE you put it on. Even linen should be pressed before wearing. Allow linen to wrinkle naturally during the day.
- Your dress pants are too long. Nothing worse than pants dragging along the pavement. If your dress pants are the perfect length with heels, then don't wear them with flats...or they'll drag.
- Too many accessories. Necklace, earrings, bracelet, scarf, brooches, multiple rings. Less is more...for real!
- Worn out clothing. It's a perfect time of year to clear out your old clothes. Faded black tee's...out, white tee's with sauce stains...out, jeans too tight? Out! Which leads us into...
- Sweaters that are piling. You can try gently shaving off the pils...but if that doesn't work it's time to replace the sweater. Which leads into...
- White clothes that look grey. To the bin...and if you don't think it's too bad, do the Kleenex challenge to find out. Hold it up to a piece of tissue - that'll tell you the true story.
- Dirty shoes. C'mon...seriously, I shouldn't even have to write about this one! Care for your shoes. Wipe of dirt with a damp cloth. Clean runners with a Magic Clean eraser. Such an easy fix and they'll look good a new again.
- Visible bra straps. This is the worst. Invest in a good strapless bra.
- Chipped nail polish. If your manicure starts to chip...remove polish from ALL nails. Natural nails look much better and neater than chipped polish.
- Hair ties as bracelets. Put your hair tie in your purse...not on your wrist.
- Wet hair. This is fine if you're rushing to take the kids to school or walking the dog, but otherwise it's a no no.