Caring for your Cosmetic Brushes
Let's be honest here. How often do you actually clean and care for your cosmetic brushes? You know that ones that you use daily on your freshly cleansed skin? The ones that get tossed into a drawer or into a cup after you use to collect bacteria and grime...that then gets brushed back onto your freshly cleansed skin? Never right? Or at likely close to never anyway. I'll admit it, I don't clean my cosmetic brushed nearly enough. When I think about it, I usually just go and replace it. But this can become very costly as brushes made from natural fibres (which are better for makeup application) can be quite pricy. Instead, why not try actually take a few minutes (the brushes are small - it doesn't take long) every few weeks for so and give them a quick cleaning.
By following these simple steps, your brushes will stay bacteria free and your makeup application will be flawless.
1. Wet your brush with warm warm. Be careful not to get the base of the bristles wet. It's difficult to dry there and the bristles may being to fall out.
2. Apply a peas sized amount (or smaller depending on what brush you're cleaning) of your facial cleanser or baby shampoo to the palm of your hand.
3. Swirl the wet bristles around in your palm...you should see your makeup braking down. This is a great indication of how much buildup you have on your brush.
4. Carefully rinse the brush until the warm water runs clear.
5. Lay flat to dry for at least six to eight hours. Then gently reshape your brush up again the palm of your clean hand.
To further lengthen the life of your brushes, store them in a drawer and off your countertop away from hairsprays and perfumes.