31 Day Blog Challenge - Day Two
Day 3 - Meaning of my business name.
I hate writing this list. I'm terrified that you'll stop reading at number 4 and think "ugh..she's an utterly boring person." But since I started this project...I guess I have to follow thought. So, here are 20 Things About Me.
1. I'll be 47 years old on May 17th. I'm not remotely worried about aging, in fact I can't wait til my 50th birthday. I truly feel that with each passing year, I get better.
2. I have two children. Both boys, ages 16...almost 17 and 13 almost 14. I love my teenagers. I think I'm a much better mother now than when they were little, but I would take them back as a 2 and 5 year old for a day...just to get some serious snuggles out of them.
3. I come from a family of 5 children. I'm the baby. I have three older brothers and an older sister. My older sister lives in Australia, so I don't see her very often. That's a little sad. :(
4. I have 4 nephews and 5 nieces...I think. Don't ask.
5. I grew up in Toronto in an extremely modest home at 276 Greenwood Ave. I still go back there and look at the house, it brings me strange comfort to connect to those roots.
6. I've been married 18 year and I meet my husband on the 504 streetcar. No joke.
7. In my pre-married life I worked in live Theatre as a Front of House Manager. Those were some of the best years of my life. Hence I have an extreme relationship with musical theatre.
8. I have two best friends. J and K. I met them working as an usher at the Royal Alexandra Theatre in 1988...maybe 87. They are my rocks. I don't know what I would do without them. They know everything about me and have never ever judged me...about anything. I love them deeply for that.
9. I have 482 "friends" on Facebook. What does that really mean anyway?
10. My favourite movies are John Hughes films from the 80's. Do you remember the final scene in Sixteen Candles when Jake shows up with his sports car and Samantha's been left behind at her sister's wedding. He say "hey you" and she says "who me?" - ugh...kills me every time! See video below...I've watched it a dozen times since posting it.
11. I recently gave up drinking Coca Cola. I was going to say I gave up Coke, but thought that might get confusing. I used to drink at least a can a day. I've only had one (from a fountain at the Cheesecake Factory in Buffalo....so that's worth like at least three) in the past month. I choose Coke Zero instead...or water, loads and loads of water. It's good for your skin.
12. I take 5000 IU Vitamin D daily...it's changed the quality of my life dramatically. It's pouring and miserable outside as I write this, and I really don't even care. :)
13. A year and a half ago I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease commonly known as Colitis. I'm trying to take the best care of myself because inflammation is such a devil inside your body. I was very depressed about the diagnosis for a long time. It can be a very embarrassing topic to talk about, but it is what it is. I have it...I accept it...it's made me stronger.
14. On July 14th I'm going to see Idina Menzel in concert for the fourth time. I actually missed a pilates class trying to get tickets online and almost (but didn't) pay $500/ticket to see her. That's how much I love her.
15. I was my high school Valedictorian. Betcha wouldn't have guess that? I can reprint my speech here for anyone who is interested. ;)
16. I still use a "Daytimer." I hate the calendar on my iPhone. Paper and pencil all the way for me baby!
17. My last meal would likely be a steak and lobster dinner. With a Coke.. ;)
18. I have a dog named Shadow. He's a six year old Portuguese Water Dog. He's the personification (or pupifciation) of love and loyalty. Except when he barks at me to take him for a walk or go up to bed. Then I would consider putting him on the curb with a "take me...I'm free" sign.
19. I've been watching Y&R since I was 12 years old when Wayne Gretzky made a guest appearance.
20. I was a mime in high school, but do not ever ask me to "get out of a box" or "walk against the wind" for you!