I'm totally obsessed with the chunky knit sweater I picked up from the Fashion Truck last week. I love the colour (icy blue), the wide turtle neck and the snuggly feeling I get when I put it on. Chunky, oversized knits seem to be everywhere this season.
I know that many women over forty have a tough time with sweaters...seems they're just too hot for us. I hear this comment over and over again when I'm wearing a sweater, "aren't you boiling in that sweater?" Well, no...not quite yet, but I'm certain one day I'll hit me. Until then, here are five quick tips for styling your chic and chunky knits.
1. Since chunky knits tend to be big and billowy, it's great to style them with a sleek bottom. A skinny jean (there she goes with the skinnies again) and bootie or over-the-knee boot (I personally don't care for these - but they work) are perfect!
2. If you want to try out a chunky knit for an evening party, pair it with a slim pencil skirt and either a bootie that's tight around the ankle or a block heel shoe.
3. If you're not into a pencil skirt, a chunky knit (especially ivory) looks fab with leather pants or leggings and a short black bootie. Super cute and stylish.
4. If you office is cool in the winter, try your chunky sweater with sleek dress pants or even a wide leg plazzo pant if that works for you.
5. Buy your sweater at least one size up, to ensure an oversized look.
Merino Wool Blend Tunic Sweater from The Gap - $84.95
Plait Cable Knit Mock Neck Sweater from The Gap - $74.95
Waffled Turtleneck Tunic from Anthropologie - $148
Mika Sweater from Aritzia - $195
Community Plutarch Sweater from Aritzia - $140